Signs you might need a tummy tuck
So you’ve just had a baby or lost a lot of weight around your middle and you’re ready to show it off, but you’ve been left with the saggy skin that is the unwanted reminder of “bigger” days. Fear not though, sagging, unwanted skin around your tummy can be easily remedied by a procedure called a “Tummy Tuck”. Unlike liposuction, a Tummy Tuck in Beverly Hills is designed to remove that stretched out skin and reveal a lovely, flat abdomen for all to see.
How can you tell if you need a Beverly Hills Tummy Tuck? In general, if you have one or more of the following issues and truly want a flat abdomen, a tummy tuck will likely be the necessary corrective procedure.
- Skin that has been stretched out by pregnancy or by weight gain and has not gone back to its original shape.
- A fold in the abdominal skin caused by excess skin on either side of the fold.
- Occurs when the skin of the abdomen hangs down. The skin may end up covering the top portion of a person’s underwear or pants.
Frowning Belly Button
- A belly button normally takes on a circular or oval shape. If the belly button appears to be "frowning," it can be an indicator of loose or excess skin and fat.
- Skin that has been stretched out and has not returned to its original form may be crinkled or wrinkled in appearance.
- If you have two bulges of skin, usually one above the belly button and one below, this can signal that your skin is indeed loose and excessive.
Liposuction in Beverly Hills removes excess fat in certain areas of the body, but it does not fix body shape problems caused by skin that is loose or hanging. This can be confusing to people just looking for rejuvenation of his / her abdomen after successfully losing a lot of weight or after pregnancy. Often people combine the two procedures if there is some excess fat that they want to remove as well as excess skin and sag.
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Raffi Hovsepian to see if a tummy tuck might be right for you. In some cases, Dr. Hovsepian may recommend Shrink Wrap Liposuction to treat the abdomen. Shrink Wrap Liposuction offers the benefits of a tummy tuck without the recovery time typically associated with a tummy tuck. Dr. Hovsepian meets with each patient individually to determine the best treatment plan to deliver the very best results.